Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hogswart Cake

We are so excited to share with you our

Hogswart Cake

This is the cake that almost did not happen.
The morning of the Birthday party I dropped the CAKE.
Yes, the WHOLE CAKE!

What's a Mom to do???

Talk about a mad dash to come up with a cake.
Walmart- did not have any plain cakes.
Albertsons- They need 24 hour notice.
Small Bakery around the corner- Yes but lots of $$$$
You guessed it, the $$$$ won.

What did we use to make the cake? 

Romantic Castle Cake Set

We wrapped each piece with gray or black color fondant.

How do you pronounce fondant???

Spray the cake with edible spray paint.
What- you ask?  Yes, Edible Spray Paint!

Halloween Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
Again from Wilton

It would not be a Hogswart Cake with out ...

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Hedwig


We could not forget
Hagrid

or the Sorting Hat



Each of the characters were hand made by sculpting colored fondant.
Think of playing with edible play-doh.
Fun Fun Fun - Yum Yum Yum

Happy 25th Birthday Sarah


We even had Wands for the Hogswart students
Here is a link on how to make the Wands
Easy Peasy!!!


We are soooo lucky because look at all of the celebrities who showed up at our party.

Luna Lovegood and Rita Skeeter

Hagrid consoling Moaning Myrtle and He who should not be named and Fleur Delacour

Tonks and two of the Weasley Kids
Is that George or Fred??  I can never tell them apart.


Bellatrix with a Golden Snitch and a Numbus 2011.

Look even the water bottles came in costume.



Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.  ~Albus Dumbledore

27 comments:

  1. way to go! the cake is adorable! great save.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Talk about stressful but it turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO very cute & came together great despite the challenge! My 26 yr old sister would love this. Would love for you to link this up to my next Craftastic Monday party:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I love your little characters on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a fun party! The little Hogwarts characters are awesome.
    --Jill
    JillMadeIt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family just returned from Universal Orlando where we visited the castle. My son saw this cake and loved it. We are bookmarking this for future birthday ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fabulous! love the characters on the cake, and the characters that came, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it...you so creative....:))

    (http://www.bellecaketopperandmould.net/)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS!!!!!!! Edible spray paint? I HAVE to get me some of that!! My eldest daughter is just finishing HP book 5, can't wait to start book 6, I'm up to reading number 3 to my youngest and we're slowly working our way through the movies as we finish the books. So our house is a tad Potter mad just now and I can't wait to show my daughter's this cake!
    Did I tell you it's brilliant???

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is awesome I have a 6 year old who will be in awe of that cake, she LOVES Harry Potter, don't think I could do that cake though Fabulous!!! Thanks for the wand tutorial, I think I will definately have a go at that one :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shut the front door! This is fabulous!
    http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! For some reason, I just adore the sorting hat! But seriously, it's all good, and it looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great I bet you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FUN! Love how everyone dressed up! I love the creativity in the cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love color mist icing spray!

    I would love for you to share this Harry Potter cake on my mommy solution linky!

    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2011/07/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-2/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! :) Love that everyone got into it by dressing up!!! Stopping by from Ginger Snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO cute!!! I am going to be featuring this on my blog on Friday! Hope you come by and check it out!

    livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. All I can think to say is AWESOME! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute-and I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute?! Awesome!!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!! I would love it if you joined me again tomorrow! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so impressed!! I have to show this to my sister...she's the biggest HP fan :)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is amazing. It looks like something that should be on one of those Cake Baking TV shows! Thanks for linking up last week at Lines Across My Face. I hope to see you back this week!
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/07/craft-link-party-2-cure-for-common.html
    :) Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it!! My favorite part is all the characters you made. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank You So MUCH for joining me last week for Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow and share more of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment...
Each and every one is read!!!