Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Marinara Sauce

I am so jealous of all of my luck friends with gardens.

But I am so lucky to have friends with gardens
because they bring beautiful veggies like these.


So, what are we going to make today?

Marinara Sauce

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups tomatoes- chopped or more if you wish to increase the recipe
1 cup chicken broth
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 Tablespoon basil- dried or fresh
2 Tablespoons onion, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste


Chop tomatoes or puree in a food processor or hand blender for a smoother texture.


Add all ingredients to saucepan.  Cook for 30 minutes to an hour.  Stir often. 
Season to your own taste 
Allow the liquid to reduce or add additional water to achieve your desired consistency.

You now have a healthy, tasty and homemade Marinara Sauce.

Will your family belive you made dinner yourself?

When baking, follow directions.  When cooking, go by your own taste.  ~Laiko Bahrs



3 comments:

  1. This sounds super easy and delicious. Just my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried this but it looks like what Punch Pizza puts on their pizzas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks SO fresh and healthy! saw this on Check me out Saturday... Also I wanted to invite you to my food party "tasty tuesdays". I know you've linked up before, but haven't seen you lately, this would be a great addition! Hope to see you there! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment...
Each and every one is read!!!