Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn

 


Popcorn is such an addictive food, but it is even more addictive when you add
Cinnamon and Sugar

We have a funny story about a French Exchange student while visiting Disney World.  She asked if we could get popcorn.  Of course we said yes.  She took one bite and made the most awful face and asked why salt?  She explained in France they eat popcorn with sugar.  When we got back to Louisiana she taught us how to make Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn. 

Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn

¼ cup butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup corn kernels
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fine grain salt (sticks better to the popcorn)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon

  1. Melt butter with the oil in a large pot or Whirley Pop. Add the sugar and cook it until just very lightly golden (this will give you a light caramel flavor.)
  2. Stir in the corn kernels mix well.
  3. Cover with a lid and cook on medium-low heat until kernels stop popping.  Shake the pot often to make sure the kernels cook evenly and don't stick to the pan.  If you are using a Wirley Popper turn handle to make sure the popcorn does not stick.
  4. Remove from heat, pour into bowl and mix with salt and cinnamon while still steaming.
  5. Start next batch because everyone will want more.
  Nom Nom Nom

The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves. W. C. Fields

17 comments:

  1. This looks so delish and even more adorable!
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Mia

    meandjilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This popcorn sounds so deliciously munchable. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your popcorn up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your patriotic cones! my favorite popcorn is kettle corn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing! I've been craving popcorn for the last few days and now I finally know which kind to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Will you come and link it up at my Summer Party Series Link Party? Starts every friday and goes all week long! http://sweetcsdesigns.com/archives/1009

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so yummy, love the cones! Have a great weekend!
    Modern Wivelyhood

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Who can resist cinnamon sugar popcorn? And the cones are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great! I cannot wait to try it! I would love to feature this post as a guest post on my site: www.HomeSavvyAtoZ.com if you are interested. Let me know! HomeSavvyAtoZ@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look great and I love the USA holders!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good. I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are popcorn freaks in my house and have been looking for a recipe like this! I can't wait to make it - thank you so very much for sharing at Hoo's Got Talent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks super yummy. I can't wait to try this!

    P.S. I am having a giveaway on my blog. There are awesome organizational charts and tools for moms and kids. I hope you will enter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a nice presentation. Love the 4th of July decor. I bet this popcorn is delish! I wanted to invite you over to my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got to try it! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delish.

    We'd love you to share your recipes with us at
    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  17. that sounds yummy!! cute in the little festive cones too!

    http://itsacowgirlthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment...
Each and every one is read!!!