Popcorn is such an addictive food, but it is even more addictive when you add
Cinnamon and Sugar
We have a funny story about a French Exchange student while visiting Disney World. She asked if we could get popcorn. Of course we said yes. She took one bite and made the most awful face and asked why salt? She explained in France they eat popcorn with sugar. When we got back to Louisiana she taught us how to make Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn.
Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
¼ cup butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup corn kernels
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fine grain salt (sticks better to the popcorn)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
Nom Nom Nom
- Melt butter with the oil in a large pot or Whirley Pop. Add the sugar and cook it until just very lightly golden (this will give you a light caramel flavor.)
- Stir in the corn kernels mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium-low heat until kernels stop popping. Shake the pot often to make sure the kernels cook evenly and don't stick to the pan. If you are using a Wirley Popper turn handle to make sure the popcorn does not stick.
- Remove from heat, pour into bowl and mix with salt and cinnamon while still steaming.
- Start next batch because everyone will want more.
The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves. W. C. Fields •