What do you think about Gift Exchange? Would that be something you would be interested in? Maybe we can do a Summer Gift Exchange. I always enjoy getting goodies in the mail.
I did a little research on the person that I am sending a gift and found out she has two little girls. So, I am going to send a little goodie for her girls.
Super easy to make!
(if you have an embroidery machine)
I found this wonderful design at Digitized Creations.
In-The-Hoop Stuffed Matryoshka - Babushka Doll Design
1. Place hood fabric into hoop with stabilizer.
2. Tack down Face & lower Body fabric. Do not over lap.
3. Trim around face and lower body. At the bottom of body leave a little extra fabric for sewing together at end of project.
4. Sew hair, eyes, cheeks and out line face and bottom of hood.
5. Sew placment around entire body.
6. Place doll backing fabric in hoop FACE SIDE DOWN. Sew out line stitch- bottom will stay open to fill with stuffing.
7. Remove from hoop and tear away stabilizer. Cut around doll 3/16" to 1/4" leaving extra across the bottom.
8. Turn doll right side out. Fill with stuffing and love (One can never have tooooo much love!) Turn raw ends inside and pin. Hand sew opening closed, using whiped stitch.
9. Snuggle because they are so darn cute.