Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cajun Cook Off- BBQ Brisket

I was asked to help with aprons for a Cajun Cook Off. Yummy… What are they cooking? Roast Pork Tenderloin I thought what a great idea to share the winning recipe, sad but they would not share the "secret" recipe.
I thought to myself I am happy to share my recipes, so today we are going to make – Easy BBQ Brisket. It is one of those leave it and forget it recipes I so love.



EASY BRISKET6-5 pound very lean brisket
Cajun Season to taste
Garlic powder
1 cup water
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup ketchup

Sprinkle Cajun Season over brisket to taste then heavily with garlic powder.
Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl. Pour over brisket in baking pan or roaster. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 4 hours or until tender. I like to stir the sauce once in a while.
Yield: 12 servings.

"Slap Ya Mama" is one of our favorite seasonings.

This is a light barbecue taste everyone will enjoy. •

5 comments:

  1. This looks DELICIOUS! what times dinner? HAHAHA! Thanks for the super sweet comment on my post! Glad to hear my lil tute inspired you to go through your stash...I have a flickr group, so if you make one, feel free to post a pic up to the group. I'll be doing some showing off of other ppl's work! Cute blog, btw....love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so good, you are killing me! lol thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been able to make a good brisket but yours looks amazing and has tempted me to try it one more time. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great - my hubs loves brisket!! If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up! Oh, and I found you at Blue Cricket Design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hopped over from Handy Man Crafty Woman where you're being featured. This looks so easy. I think I'll try in in a crock pot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment...
Each and every one is read!!!