For our Chef Boyardee Party we wanted a
quick, simple, easy, and tasty dessert.
So what comes to mind when you think dessert for an
Not only is this recipe easy
it is perfect for entertaining
because it will be a big hit
and it can be made the night before.
(leaves you more time to enjoy yourself)
16 oz mascarpone cheese
1 cup vanilla pudding
1 Pound Cake
3/4 cup espresso or STRONG coffee
1/2 oz Kahlua or Coffee Liqueur
- Bring the mascarpone cheese to room temperature.
- Brew the espresso/coffee. Add the Kahlua to the coffee and let cool. While it is cooling sit down and enjoy a cup.
- Cut cake into about 1" strips.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl and beat with a mixer just until it is light and fluffy. Fold the pudding into the mascarpone until well mixed.
- Spread a little of the mascarpone mix into the bottom of the serving dish.
- Dip the cake quickly into the espresso. Place cake strips on top of the mascarpone mix.
- Top with another layer of mascarpone mix
- Repeat layers. Last layer should be the mascarpone mix.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and top with shaved chocolate
- Place the tiramisu into the fridge and chill for a few hours.
**Use a sifter or strainer to sprinkle the cocoa powder- this will help the cocoa come out fine and without clumps.
**To make chocolate curls use a potato peeler or cheese grader for a fine chocolate shaving.
**Don't soak cake or it will get soggy.