Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday night dinner

What are the 4 seasons?
I know that is a silly question and you are quick to say
Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall
But here in Louisiana the Cajun 4 seasons are
Crawfish, Crab, Shrimp, and Oyster
We are smack in the middle of Crab season.
It's my favorite season of the year.
So last night we had crabs for dinner.


So a trip to Tony's Seafood was in order.
We did go in for crabs, but you just can't walk out the door with out Boudin Balls.
And I don't mean just 1 ball.  You need 2 bags.
1 for dinner and 1 for the trip home.


Oh, I could not for get dessert.
These pies are so good they tickle your tummy.


So what is a 3 course Cajun dinner looks like?

Crabs
(with corn & potatoes)

Boudin Balls

Fried Pie

Hummmmm.....I now have a puppy tummy.


A full stomach makes a happy heart.
~ Spanish Proverb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment...
Each and every one is read!!!