Are you looking for an easy breakfast casserole to feed a crowd?
This is it
Baked French Toast Casserole with
Well the recipe called for French bread but we used Biscuits instead.
Butter enough to generously butter baking dish
1 loaf of French bread or 10 biscuits
1 cup milk
2 cups half & half
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tea. vanilla
1/2 tea. cinnamon
Dash of salt
1. Butter the baking dish and tear bread/biscuits into 1" pieces (enough to fill 2 rows in a 9"x13" baking dish).
2. Place bread/butter in buttered baking dish.
3. In large bowl wisk eggs, half & half, milk, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Beat until blended.
4. Pour mixture over the bread/biscuit. Make sure to cover evenly.
5. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
6. Take out of refrigerator. Make Praline Topper (recipe below). Spread Topper over Casserole
7. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes and topper is light golden brown and puffy.
8. Cut into slices and serve with warm syrup.
2 sticks butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup pecans
2 Tbs. light corn syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
In medium bowl blend all ingredients.
This recipe is great when you are on vacation.
Pop into the oven and then go wake your little angels.
Even the syrup is happy in the morning!
Anywhere is paradise; it's up to you. ~Author Unknown•