Happy Father's Day
to the wonderful men in our lives!
4 Eggs (Room Temperature for 30 minutes)
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3 Cups Shredded Carrots
3/4 Cup Cooking Oil
1 Cup Chopped Nuts or Heath Bar (we use Heath Bar)
- Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, mix in oil and carrots.
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture; stir until combined.
- Pour batter into the pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool thoroughly on racks.
- While cooling make Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe below).
- Frost bottom layer sprinkle with nuts or chopped Heath. Frost top and sides and sprinkle with nuts or Heath.
Family Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Butter, softened (you can use margarine)
2 tsp Vanilla
6 cups Powdered Sugar
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 2 cups of sugar, mix well. Gradually beat in sugar 1 cup at a time until you reach spreading consistency.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
We like to add Heath Bar to the top and middle layer.
|Sarah with her Pops and CAT Daddy|
|Suzette & CAT Daddy|
|Suzette & Pops|
"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." -- Charles Wadsworth