As You Wish Breakfast Casserole
Don't you just love The Princess Bride
This casserole is named because you can add any ingredient
This is a great weekend casserole because you can use left-overs from your busy week.
- 6-10 Eggs (the more you add, the firmer the casserole will be)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 left over biscuits or 8 slices of bread, broken into chunks
- 2 cups Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Add - Ons (left-overs are best)
- 1 cup ham cubed
- 1 cup sausage browned
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumble
- 1 cup cooked french fries
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced (saute to release some of their water)
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 t. herbes
- Preheat oven to 350 dregrees. Butter a 13" x 9" casserole dish.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Mix in milk and cheese. Add the biscuits/bread and stir carefully until all pieces are moist. Don't over stir or the biscuits will crumble. Add additions. Salt and Pepper to taste (if you use Italian sausage you will not need salt or pepper) Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes, until top is brown and when center is touched it springs back. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
I love my coffee mug- it says
Be "as you wish" to seem.