Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Caramel CheeWees - Cheetos


Caramel CheeWees - Cheetos

Yep you did hear that correct.  
CheeWees/Cheetos covered with Caramel.

Wait...Don't leave!
Give us a try.

Have you ever visited Chicago and
tasted their fabulous
Caramel covered Cheese Popcorn?

Did you ask what are CheeWees?" 
Elmer's CheeWees are the 
New Orleans cousins to Cheetos.

Ingredients
2 bags CheeWees or 1 bag of Cheetos
2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda

Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
Pour CheeWees/Cheetos into large bowl. 
In large sauce pan mix sugar, butter or
margarine and corn syrup.  Bring to a boil.
Boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Remove from heat and add baking soda.
Pour over CheeWees/Cheetos and mix and cover well.
Spread into a large buttered roasting pan.
Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and pour onto wax paper.
Spread into a thin layer.
Once it has started to cool, but still warm
quickly separate.

Next time we make this recipe we
are going to try Puffy Cheetos.

Now you have a crowd pleasing snack.


Always use tasteful words.
You may have to eat them.
-unknown
I found this quote on the CheeWee site.






7 comments:

  1. These look AMAZING! I will definitely have to try this receipe!

    Thanks fpr sending me your blog link. Looking forward to reading your blog :)

    -Amy, Owner -BRIGHTHOUSEBAUBLES
    www.brighthousebaubles.com
    Personal Blog: http://houseofbright.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I clicked on this because it sounded too gross to be true. However, you have a valid point...the cheese/caramel popcorn in Chicago is to die for. This is quite the recipe but I bet it's a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to try these. Just strange enough to be good. I'm pinning. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/01/week-in-review-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, probably one of the craziest recipes I have ever seen!! hahaha. I'll take your word for it...and who knows maybe I'll make them some day, for a twist on the appetizer menu! Have a great week.
    Toodles,
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried this, but it sounds so weird. You do have me intrigued though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, you did not!
    It sounds amazing, and I'm going to have to try this! I'm all for unusual taste combos, especially the salty & sweet.
    I'm also your newest follower, can't wait to see what else you're up to :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment...
Each and every one is read!!!